Welcome to Polly's Blog

Welcome to Polly's Blog
Watercolour, humour, this and that

Friday 25 July 2014

BRUSHO FUN

I keep venturing back to paint in Brusho.  It's exciting and unpredictable, like watercolour, but even more so, and vibrant as well.

These were painted in the garden.  Brusho is a powder that you paint with. Sometimes you sprinkle direct on the paper and spray first, so in the garden you get fun things happening when it's a bit breezy.

If you would like to know more about Brusho I will put some links on at the end of the post.


Venice in Brush! Sprinkled on the paper and sprayed.  Each colour has other coloured crystals in it, so you can get varying effects.  I did not draw the buildings in the distance just drew the horizon and where I wanted the posts.  You lose the drawing somewhat anyway.

And, of course, being in the garden I had to paint the washing.  The washing is NOT as dirty as it looks, honest!!!

Have a wondrous weekend one and all.

Now for some links for you.  Firstly, if you are on facebook, check out Beautiful Brusho Moments.  Also Joanne Boone Thomas's facebook page,  who is the queen of Brusho.  She has done a DVD and ebook. It's magic! These can be bought from the SAA (Society for All Artists). www.saa.co.uk. or a you tube clip of her using brusho  www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcs6NNczOqM   

16 comments:

  1. Joyful moments for painting so full of verve!!! You love Brusho ...I feel so clear this message from you.
    It seems, by great results,also Brusho loves you,dear Polly. I really love the playfulness side of all artistic work.
    Thanks for links.
    Maybe in the future I will try my Brusho playfulness moments!!!Have nice week end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments Rita. Yes, Brusho is a playful thing. Have a lovely Sunday

      Delete
  2. You have done some fabulous work with this… I'm not as adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say you ARE adventurous. You paint so many different things! :)

      Delete
  3. You do some amazing work with Brusho Polly, I have the supplies, watched the DVD but they don't beckon me yet. Just as well as the endless options for us makes it hard to choose but I think you have achieved success with Brusho because you have invested time in it. Way to go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Art is a great subject. So many things to try and not enough time to do it all!

      Delete
  4. I love both paintings, really fabulous, Polly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Artists are supposed to be starving, poor and miserable Polly ... so stop playing and having fun LOL
    Great pictures - I love the vibrant Venetian scene - very effective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secretly I am extremely poor and oh so miserable and I just pretend to have fun

      Delete
  6. I have to confess to having never heard of Brusho but looking at these wonderful paintings I am intrigued and inspired to find out more. Thanks for the links ... I will check them out.
    Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like what you read and thank you for the visit

      Delete
  7. Very nice. Thanks for the links Polly! I keep hearing about Brusho here and there but no one seems to know about it within my friends painters. Seems very easy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Brusho approach - I'll definitely explore it. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous, vibrant paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Polly your work with Brusho is fantastic! We are giving away a Brusho Starter Pack on twitter - follow us on there to find out more @CraftyAmberLtd!

    ReplyDelete