Welcome to Polly's Blog

Welcome to Polly's Blog
Watercolour, humour, this and that

Sunday 18 December 2016

BRUSHO STEP BY STEP BAUBLES

I cannot believe that I haven't posted for so long.  I do most of my posting on Facebook and have started crafting and generally enjoying other things, so I have less time to indulge in my blog.  I intend to post once a month or more. So here is a Christmas Greeting for all of you,  and a little bonus for Brusho followers.  The subject could be leaves, etc




I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy and Healthy New Year.  Greeting from Annie Arkwright too for those of you who have met her. ha ha.

Before I show you may I say this is Joanne Boon Thomas 's inspiration, the method shown on her Brusho Secrets DVD. Her Tuition is second to none. All I know about brusho is due to her. There is a short trailer on YouTube, Brusho Secrets Trailer, also free brusho and watercolour videos, which I recommend you watch.

Here's my step by step process, instructions with each separate photo. 


No automatic alt text available.























Here are some of the different colours I tried

Here goes!

No automatic alt text available.
A4 size. Circles drawn in permanent ink I used a Sharpie. (feint pencil would be lost in the brusho) Waxed in strings for baubles and patterns with either candle or crayon. Sprinkle on brusho, notice how few crystals are needed.


No automatic alt text available.
Spray with water close up to the paper on the left hand side for maximum water effect, higher up on the right hand side to secure the brusho on the paper. Tilt the board. Dab out puddle with kitchen roll


No automatic alt text available.
Use brusho like w/c in your palette (shake out only a few crystals and add water)  to add colour to middle bauble or to add shading,  and just add brush loaded with water and join together some of the speckled brusho on the right hand bauble.

Happy brushoing if you try it. And thanks to Joanne Boon Thomas for the fun I have with brusho <3




10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Polly! Your baubles are gorgeous. I am not sure me and Brusho would get along though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brusho is my playtime. Like a kid at school. Watercolour is still my first love

      Delete
  2. Your baubles are an inspiration. Love the colours. Should use mine more and be a bit more adventuresome. Happy christmas to you. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog after all this time. Have a perfect Christmas and hope Santa visits William xx

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas Polly. Your Brusho painting is lovely. Amazing what a few speckles do when it is splashed with water. Take care and have a blessed New Year. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a happy Christmas and contended and healthy 2017. You take care too. Luv xx

      Delete
  4. Looks so vibrant and beautiful Polly!!

    Good cheer, great hope and the best that the Christmas season has to offer for you and your family as you celebrate this time of togetherness. Merry Christmas!

    Much love,
    isabella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Have a special Christmas and healthy 2017. Xx

      Delete
  5. Polly, this really looks so festive with the burst of brusho color! Well done! Love Joanne! I've followed her for years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year here too...Nice follow your Brusho Art ...sometime I wish try, good also for painting with kids in future instead kid-gouache.
    Warm hugs,Rita

    ReplyDelete