Welcome to Polly's Blog

Welcome to Polly's Blog
Watercolour, humour, this and that

Sunday 23 August 2015

HOLIDAY THIS AND THAT

Here is a mix of this and that seen and sketched on holidays.


Seen in a shop and there are suggestions that it is Annie Arkwright from Accrington (See label 'friends of mine' if you haven't met her)  

Very quick sketch of a large vase with carved gold flowers and candles, while at a concert for Mozart and Chopin 

Rose given to all the ladies on the river cruise ship, which last nearly 2 wks.  Thank you Mr Captain!

Sketch of an ABC castle on the river Rhine in Germany.  If you didn't read my last post ABC stands for Another Bloody Castle!!!

Have a lovely week y'all.  Keep safe.

9 comments:

  1. Spitting image I'd say. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketches Polly and your painting of the rose is superb! You always say you don't care to paint flowers but I think friend you do a spectacular job. Hope you have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Rose Polly, sounds like your river cruise echoed ours. I did however end up with a quite a few professionally shot photos taken by friend on the trip too so sometimes I scroll through these for bits to paint

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rose is stunning, Polly! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sketches to remember your holiday. Your lovely rose will now last more than 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rose blending into the background is awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it all.....and especially that rose! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you all for sharing my holiday memories. Love that you like my rose painting. You are giving me more confidence with my flowers. Have a special week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Rose is wonderful! I love the combination of colors and the way you draw it. It looks like a water flows on a glass and forms this stunning flower.

    ReplyDelete