Welcome to Polly's Blog

Welcome to Polly's Blog
Watercolour, humour, this and that

Friday 24 January 2014

A TO Z CHALLENGE D-G

Continuing from 'D' for Dyson, here are some more challenges, that I set myself, to paint subjects that I saw on tv as they cropped up but as they cropped up in alphabetical order.  I was watching a Crime and Punishment programme, hence the theme of the last two paintings but the first two are during the adverts

Glamorous woman on perfume advert was wearing 'E' Earrings

There's this advert for Mercedez cars that uses chickens and makes them dance,  great, I thought  'F' for Feather now back to the Crime programme ......................

Aha now they find the murderer's gun 'G'.  But that one was a pistol,  this one reminded me of my childhood and thought it was a bit of fun.

Ok you guessed, the villian was arrested so we have 'H' Handcuffs.

Boy is this challlenging me. No choosing, literally whatever was said or seen in order.  So now we are waiting for 'I'.  Wonder if you can guess

By the way.  It's lovely of you to comment on here but if you already see these paintings on facebook, please don't feel you have to comment again.  

Have a lovely cosy weekend, wrap up warm if you are northern hemisphere and eat plenty of ice cream if you are southern hemisphere.



16 comments:

  1. these are all wonderful! I was esp. drawn to the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pearls glimmer Polly and I like how you have captured the shiny metal in the handcuffs

    ReplyDelete
  3. More great stuff, Polly! Each one has something delightful in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the handcuffs are my favorite...though every painting here is just great...! excellent series

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great series, I can't wait what the next letters of the alphabet will bring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those pearls, they really look 'pearly', ha, super challenge this, looks like fun ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so much fun, Polly! :) I like the fresh washes you use in all the watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Polly - you are the best - you got me smiling! I loved your gun...reminds me of my childhood too. Take care and I will be anxious to see what "I" you will be painting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this quick crime story translated into paintings, all very well done and with a wonderful humor :-) Have a nice sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Kat, Blaga, Debbie and Jane for your visit. Glad you are enjoying my self challenge. Have a lovely week

    ReplyDelete