Welcome to Polly's Blog

Welcome to Polly's Blog
Watercolour, humour, this and that

Saturday 1 December 2012

CAREFREE DAYS NO. 2

I've had some good advice by fellow bloggers Sharon Whitley and Laura Moore to crop my original painting of Carefree Days.  Well, like a good little pupil I have done as I am told, and yes teacher(s) always know best.  Here is the result, but only tried using photoshop.

Perhaps a little grey/brown in the sky, would give it more atmosphere.  Could even crop a little more. But I can see the improvement, can you?

Many thanks.

5 comments:

  1. Yes I can see the improvement too - the focus is more on what the children are doing, go ahead and add something to the sky - I can tell you want to! I have my own space now to paint which is a room off my bedroom but I used to paint at the kitchen table where I used to live and sometimes in bed - still got stains on the duvet to prove it!! You only need a small space - maybe try watercolour pencils which will probably be a little less messy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polly this is fabulous. The story is about the children now. No more cropping needed. One question though why grey/brown, what will it really add to the whole scene? If I tell you then you will not work it out for yourself. Think of the colours you have used and try to unify and enhance the whole image in the sky without dulling down or loosing what you have already so do it subtley. You can always leave it as it is. When in doubt leave well alone until you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just thought a hint of the ground colour would look like cloud, or a hint of blue or ochre soften the light space. Actually the more I look at it the more it may detract from the children. Mm, when in doubt don't. Thanks to you both for your help.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a difference! It looks great. The kids have such wonderful gestures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I had good advice, which I always welcome.

      Delete