Welcome to Polly's Blog

Welcome to Polly's Blog
Watercolour, humour, this and that

Wednesday 28 November 2012

PAINTING PAULINE

Recently at our Art Class, we had a model  She was excellent, sadly my work wasnt.   It's something I know that I should work on.  So for once you will see not my better work but something I battled with.  Each one is about a 20min sketch,  A2 cartridge paper using a large squirrel brush, with minimal or no drawing.  The monochrome one is done using pigment similar to paint Rembrandt would have used and is made basically from burnt wood and tar.  Lovely to use, no drawing.  Here are four of the six sketches that I did. I enjoyed the battle!

Sorry pics all over the place been trying to place them, impossible.

I went to a contemporary art exhibition at the Liver Bldg in Liverpool. Was not to my liking!!!!!!!!!!!  If you would like a rant about modern art please leave a comment on my other blog pollyluvspaintingetc.blogspot.com dated 25 November 'Liverpool Art Exhibition' would love to hear other peoples opinions...................





No comments:

Post a Comment